What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
The various platforms and methods for creating an online presence, and how to choose the best one for you.
We will explore how Google Search works, and address frequently asked questions about search and discoverability, such as:
- What is SEO?
- How SEO Works?
- Positive Methods to Increase Visibility and Negatives to Avoid
- Is my website showing in Google Search?
- Do I Need a Website?
- Which Type of Website to Choose?
- Ranking Factors You Can’t Ignore in 2020
- On-page SEO Checklist
- Step by Step Guide to Writing an Optimized Website Blog Post
What is SEO?
SEO stands Search engine optimization is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of website traffic by increasing the visibility of a website or a web page to users of a web search engine. i.e. Google, Yahoo, Bing
Your website should attract new potential customers by achieving:
- Quality of Traffic
- Quantity of Traffic
- % of Organic compared with Paid, Social, Email, etc.
One way to do so is by showing up in search results. Methods of making your website appear when people search for the things you sell like children’s clothes are called search engine optimization, or SEO for short.
Think of it this way, SEO is like a shop window display — you want to make the shop window display interesting and attractive.
Keep-up yourself updated with the latest Google Algorithm changes by visiting Google Algorithm History and make necessary changes to your SEO strategy as required.
How SEO works?
SEO is about using the right words and serving relevant information to your potential customers on your websites.
- Organic Search
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Link Building
- Keyword Research / Strategy
- SEO Case Studies
- Yahoo and Bing SEO
Organic search results refers unpaid results (known as natural or organic.
On a typical Google search result page, the first three results are promoted. meaning advertisers paid bid and paid for. Ads with no “Ad” sign means the result is organic.
Getting on page one paid search is easy whereas to achieve similar results on organic, It is time-consuming, requires a huge amount of research and producing unique quality content.
I personally think Paid ads can get us 1st-page search results fast, easy and is short term whereas thinking organic is long term traffic and difficult to obtain.
Make your content easily accessible to search engines. Our team is ready to implement solutions to boost your rankings and improve your performance.
An essential part of any successful SEO strategy, let’s build your internal link profile to add significance to your page keywords listed within search engines.
Search Engine Optimization is fundamental to success. Our SEO strategies will earn your site a higher ranking in search results. We’ll provide a full SEO keyword rankings report, a link building profile report and indexed page information. Our customer-focused team will improve your traffic flow and increase sales for your web-based operations.
SEO is the lifeline of online marketing. We offer our valued clients a high quality and affordable package. Leave the rest up to us as our experts are trained on the latest guidelines from all major search engines such as Google, Bing, Yandex, and Yahoo.
Keyword Research / Strategy
One of the most Important SEO elements is the target keywords. Let our team determine the best strategy for all your link building activities to increase your search engine ranking and organic traffic.
Do I Need a Website?
Before you start, you should ask yourself:
- who are your customers, and where can you find them?
- Do they search for products and services on the internet?
Users often use search engines to find what they’re looking for, so it’s important for your business to be easily found online.
When users search for something, they usually already have a clear intention, such as making a purchase.
For example, if someone searches for where to buy nice shoes, we can assume there’s a clear business opportunity there.
There are many ways to create an online presence.
- You can create a website from scratch, or use a do-it-yourself web page generator.
- You could use a content management system, such as WordPress or Joomla.
- You could start a blog, using a blog-publishing service like Blogger, or you can create pages on social media, for example, on Facebook or Instagram.
Which Type of Website to Choose?
Think of what you want to achieve with your online presence. It could be,
- Getting more walk-in customers
- Online Sales / eCommerce
- Newsletter Subscriptions
Alternatively, you may just want people to recognize your product, or know about your business. Your purpose will determine which types of presence are more suitable.
For example, if you own a physical store, like a clothing store, add the location to Google My Business to let thousands of people find it easily on Google Maps and Search.
Social media or messaging apps will allow you to inform your customers of new products or promotions. You can sell your products there or on e-commerce marketplaces.
As your business expands, building your own website from scratch can help it grow, even more, reinforce your brand, and lend your business more authority and legitimacy online. Being able to customize your website means you can decorate your store in a way that represents your business best.
If you already have a website,
- Make sure to keep your content and technology updated.
- Make sure to add your new products, events, or discount information just as you would in an offline store.
- Make sure your web presence is friendly to search engines so that search engines can understand them and people can find them.
Please do not forget to share and like on Facebook and Twitter.
Latest SEO Posts:
- Is My Website Showing in Google Search?People who own websites, whether they are running an online business or managing a hobby site, often check Google to see if their websites are appearing on Search, sometimes they find their website listed, sometimes they do not. How do you check if your websites to appear in Search? To check if Google knows your
- Positive Methods to Increase Website Visibility & Negatives to AvoidPositive methods to increase website visibility Make sure your website contains useful information like inventory, selection, pricing, location, and hours. Must have Google my business listing if your business has physical locations and monitored on a consistent basis. Create short, meaningful page titles. Use page headings that convey the subject of the page. Include a
- Google SEO Ranking Factors You Can’t Ignore in 2020What are the most important Google SEO Ranking Factors? Google has more than 200 Search Ranking Factors. In this blog, I am going to share actionable SEO techniques that will help boost your website SEO and traffic. I have completed extensive research and have used resources from a few of the well know Digital Marketing Influencers
- Understanding User Intent for SEO Keyword ResearchGoogle understands intent so you can anticipate intent. In this blog post Understanding User Intent for SEO, I am going to share a new trend in content mapping and optimization. Please make sure to check: On-Page SEO Checklist Top SEO Ranking Factors 2020 What is User Intent? User Intent is measuring how well a page matches
- Top 17 On-Page SEO Checklist You Can’t Ignore in 2019In this blog post, “Top 17 On-Page SEO checklist” I am going to share 17 SEO checklist that will help improve the ranking for a specific webpage targeting a specific keyword. but, before we go any further. I want to make sure you have read through the previous blog post “Google SEO Ranking Factors 2018“.