What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)?
The various platforms and methods for creating an online presence, and how to choose the best one for you.
We will explore how Google Search works, and address frequently asked questions about search and discoverability, such as:
- What is SEO?
- How SEO Works?
- Positive Methods to Increase Website Visibility
- Negative Methods to Avoid hurting SEO
- Is my website showing in Google Search?
- Do I Need a Website?
- Which Type of Website to Choose?
What is SEO?
Your website should attract new potential customers.
One way to do so is by showing up in search results. Methods of making your website appear when people search for the things you sell like children’s clothes are called search engine optimization, or SEO for short.
Think of it this way, SEO is like a shop window display — you want to make the shop window display interesting and attractive.
How SEO works?
SEO is about using the right words and serving relevant information to your potential customers on your websites.
- Organic Search
- On-Page SEO
- Off-Page SEO
- Link Building
- Keyword Research / Strategy
- SEO Case Studies
- Yahoo and Bing SEO
Development and targeted promotion of remarkable content that fulfills your needs by achieving, improving and maintaining the visibility of your web presence.
Make your content easily accessible to search engines. Our team is ready to implement solutions to boost your rankings and improve your performance.
An essential part of any successful SEO strategy, let’s build your internal link profile to add significance to your page keywords listed within search engines.
Search Engine Optimization is fundamental to success. Our SEO strategies will earn your site a higher ranking in search results. We’ll provide a full SEO keyword rankings report, a link building profile report and indexed page information. Our customer-focused team will improve your traffic flow and increase sales for your web-based operations.
SEO is the lifeline of online marketing. We offer our valued clients a high quality and affordable package. Leave the rest up to us as our experts are trained on the latest guidelines from all major search engines such as Google, Bing, Yandex, and Yahoo.
Keyword Research / Strategy
One of the most Important SEO elements is the target keywords. Let our team determine the best strategy for all your link building activities to increase your search engine ranking and organic traffic.
Positive methods to increase website visibility
- Make sure your website contains useful information like inventory, selection, pricing, location, and hours.
- Create short, meaningful page titles;
- Use page headings that convey the subject of the page;
- Include a detailed “About Us” section that includes contact information,
- A description of your business,
- Countries where you operate if relevant, and, if it applies, store locations and opening hours.
- If your website contains images and videos, make sure you describe them with alt text tags and other attributes to ensure that Google understands what they’re about and that users with disabilities can also access the content.
- You should also make sure to use images to illustrate what you are selling and describe the items using keywords such as brands, colors, and descriptions of the items.
- Additionally, you’ll want to pay close attention to image accuracy, descriptive wording, and relevancy of page titles.
- You should also use the techniques and checklists we’ve mentioned in the previous episode to ensure your website appears in search results when people are looking for your products.
Negative Methods to Avoid Hurting SEO
These include things like
- Adding invisible text to a website to trick people into viewing content. This, as well as other devious techniques designed to deceive indexing algorithms, are often described as black hat SEO and should be avoided.
Google has many ways to detect techniques that intend to manipulate search rankings.
These safeguards help ensure that search results remain relevant and accurate for users. As such, most of these black hat techniques don’t work and in the long run, will amount to a waste of your time and money.
Google provides tools to help you manage your SEO. Sign up for Search Console to see how your website is performing.
Search Console is a free tool provided by Google to help you run your website and monitor its performance. It even sends you emails in case there’s a problem so you can focus on your business.
Is My Website Showing in Google Search?
How do I know if my website is searchable on Google?
People who own websites, whether they are running an online business or managing a hobby site, often check Google to see if their websites are appearing on Search, sometimes they find their website listed, sometimes they do not.
How do you get your websites to appear in Search?
To check if Google knows your website or if your website is indexed on Google at all, type site: followed by your website address into Google.
Searching Google using site: in front of a domain, specifies that you only want to see search results for that specific site. If your website appears here, it means Google knows that your website exists and has already put some of its pages in our index.
Notice how your site is showing up on Google Search. Is your description text precise and representative of what your website offers?
If you don’t see your website in a site: search, there could be a few problems with how your site is being crawled and indexed.
To remedy this, you can submit your site map and URLs to Google Search Console, the tool for managing your online presence on Google Search. You can also test your URLs using the URL Inspection Tool.
Do I Need a Website?
Before you start, you should ask yourself:
- who are your customers, and where can you find them?
- Do they search for products and services on the internet?
Users often use search engines to find what they’re looking for, so it’s important for your business to be easily found online.
When users search for something, they usually already have a clear intention, such as making a purchase.
For example, if someone searches for where to buy nice shoes, we can assume there’s a clear business opportunity there.
There are many ways to create an online presence.
- You can create a website from scratch, or use a do-it-yourself web page generator.
- You could use a content management system, such as WordPress or Joomla.
- You could start a blog, using a blog-publishing service like Blogger, or you can create pages on social media, for example, on Facebook or Instagram.
Which Type of Website to Choose?
Think of what you want to achieve with your online presence. It could be,
- Getting more walk-in customers
- Online Sales / eCommerce
- Newsletter Subscriptions
Alternatively, you may just want people to recognize your product, or know about your business. Your purpose will determine which types of presence are more suitable.
For example, if you own a physical store, like a clothing store, add the location to Google My Business to let thousands of people find it easily on Google Maps and Search.
Social media or messaging apps will allow you to inform your customers of new products or promotions. You can sell your products there or on e-commerce marketplaces.
As your business expands, building your own website from scratch can help it grow, even more, reinforce your brand, and lend your business more authority and legitimacy online. Being able to customize your website means you can decorate your store in a way that represents your business best.
If you already have a website,
- Make sure to keep your content and technology updated.
- Make sure to add your new products, events, or discount information just as you would in an offline store.
- Make sure your web presence is friendly to search engines so that search engines can understand them and people can find them.
Please do not forget to share and like on Facebook and Twitter.