How to analyze your PPC campaigns like a boss?
- What are your top keywords, ads, and landing pages based on your KPIs?
- What accounts, campaigns, and ad groups have achieved or exceed goal CTR, CVR, CPA, ROI, ROAS, margin, profit, etc.?
- Keywords with a Quality Score of 7 or higher?
- Ad extension usage at 100 percent? Call Extensions in place if applicable?
- Segmentation applied for geo-targeting (at campaign or location setting levels), search vs. display, keywords, remarketing audience targeting, etc.?
- Search and display feature usage at 100 percent (when applicable)?
- Do PLA/shopping campaigns and product feed implemented correctly?
- Strong negative keyword and excluded placement lists?
- Mobile strategy in place with mobile preferred ads?
- What are your lowest performing keywords, ads, and landing pages based on your KPIs?
- Is there a lack of testing protocol for ads, landing pages, and Ad Extensions?
- Are there only search campaigns? Search campaigns with display activated?
- Lack of Ad Extensions altogether?
- Weak or lack of negative keyword and excluded placement lists?
- Keywords with quality score 6 or lower?
- Distinct keywords or display targeting missing?
- Poor segmentation for geo-targeting, search vs. display, keywords, remarketing audience targeting, etc.?
- Lack of mobile strategy?
- PLA/shopping campaigns targeting all products? Product feed errors?
- New features (e.g., Shopping Campaigns).
- Applicable beta tests.
- Growth of mobile usage.
- Increase in search volume on Google, Bing, or Yahoo.
- New features (e.g., Enhanced Campaigns).
- New competitors.
- Ad editorial policy changes.
- A decrease in search volume on Google, Bing, or Yahoo
- Government or search engine changes in policies for privacy, cookie usage, etc.
- Changes in SERP design resulting in fewer ad positions for search
- Increased CPC costs due to rising competition or changing search landscape.