Positive methods to increase website visibility
- Make sure your website contains useful information like inventory, selection, pricing, location, and hours.
- Must have Google my business listing if your business has physical locations and monitored on a consistent basis.
- Create short, meaningful page titles.
- Use page headings that convey the subject of the page.
- Include a detailed “About Us” section that includes contact information, A description of your business, Countries where you operate if relevant, and, if it applies, store locations and opening hours.
- Link Internally.
- Target long-tail keywords.
- If your website contains images and videos, make sure you describe them with alt text tags and other attributes to ensure that Google understands what they’re about and that users with disabilities can also access the content.
- You should also make sure to use images to illustrate what you are selling and describe the items using keywords such as brands, colors, and descriptions of the items.
- Additionally, you’ll want to pay close attention to image accuracy, descriptive wording, and relevancy of page titles.
- Post Content on LinkedIn
- Implement Schema Microdata.
- Make sure your website is optimized to load fast and provide an exceptional user experience.
- Analyze Analytics data on a constant basis.
Negative Methods to Avoid Hurting SEO
These include things like
- Adding invisible text to a website to trick people into viewing content. This, as well as other devious techniques designed to deceive indexing algorithms, are often described as black hat SEO and should be avoided.
Google has many ways to detect techniques that intend to manipulate search rankings.
These safeguards help ensure that search results remain relevant and accurate for users. As such, most of these black hat techniques don’t work and in the long run, will amount to a waste of your time and money.
Google provides tools to help you manage your SEO. Sign up for Search Console to see how your website is performing.
Search Console is a free tool provided by Google to help you run your website and monitor its performance. It even sends you emails in case there’s a problem so you can focus on your business.
If you know of a positive method to website visibility and not described above, please leave in comments below.